Rovos Rail: Great Rail Journeys of Africa
Hailed as 'the most luxurious train in the world' Rovos Rail has an international reputation for a truly world class travel experience. As you step on board, recapture the romance and atmosphere of a bygone era aboard reconditioned wood-panelled coaches and enjoy fine cuisine in five-star luxury as Africa unfolds beyond your window. The 'Pride of Africa' offers you a journey of a lifetime as it links some of Africa's greatest destinations.
1. Cape Town to Pretoria or v.v. A popular 48-hour journey along the Old Karoo Pioneering Trail. This 1,600km journey is a perfect illustration of South Africa as a world in one country. Departs 2016: Cape Town to Pretoria: Mondays plus other select dates Pretoria to Cape Town: Fridays plus other select dates
2. Victoria Falls to Pretoria or v.v. This three-night adventure is a leisurely sojourn which travels southeast. Stop in Hwange National Park for a game drive in this rich and diverse wildlife sanctuary. End at the stunning Victoria Falls. Departs 2016: Victoria to Pretoria: Selected Sundays Pretoria to Victoria Falls: Selected Thursdays
3. Pretoria to Durban or v.v. The "Durban Safari" is a unique three-day journey during the summer months and includes game drives, a battlefields tour with a world-class historian and a look at unusual African ceramics. Enquire for departures and rates
4. Golf Safari A 9-day safari to delight golfers "“ with many optional excursions for the non-golfing partner! Play at the legendary Gary Player course at Sun City, Champagne Sports Resort, Durban Country Club, Royal Swazi and Leopard Creek. For non-golfers, game drives include Hluhluwe Reserve, Mkhaya Game Reserve and world famous Kruger National Park. Enquire for departures and rates
5. African (Golf) Collage This panoramic 9-day sojourn departs Pretoria heading south through Kruger National Park, Swaziland, Zululand, Durban, Bloemfontein, Addo Elephant Park, Oudtshoorn and the Garden Route before reaching Cape Town via the winelands. Includes a golfing and non-golfing itinerary. Enquire for departures and rates
6. Cape Town to Dar es Salaam This epic 15-day train journey travels through South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Tanzania and is one of the most famous in the world. From Cape Town visit historic Matjiesfontein, the diamond town of Kimberley and the capital city of Pretoria. Enjoy two nights on safari in Madikwe Game Reserve, then head through Botswana into Zimbabwe to overnight at the legendary Victoria Falls Hotel. Cross the mighty Zambezi River into Zambia, then head for the spectacular Rift Valley with its tunnels, switchbacks and viaducts. Traverse the vast Selous Game Reserve, ending in bustling Dar es Salaam. Enquire for departures and rates
7. Namibia This nine-day 3,400-kilometre annual journey travels from the savannahs of the Highveld to the Atlantic in the west. Departing from Pretoria visit Kimberley "“ the Big Hole, Northern Cape, Fish River Canyon, Kalahari Desert, Sossusvlei, Namib Desert, Etosha National Park and Swakopmund. Enquire for departures and rates
• Accommodation • 3 superb meals daily • All beverages including alcohol while on board • Sightseeing excursions accompanied by qualified tour guides • Entrance fees to places of interest • 24-hour full room service and bar facilities • Limited laundry service
Pricing (per person) $AUD
Departs Departure dates vary. Please enquire for more information.
Departure dates vary. Please enquire for more information.
Booking conditions Please contact World Journeys for prices on other Rovos Rail journeys.
Please contact World Journeys for prices on other Rovos Rail journeys.