British Columbia's Yachters' Paradise
• Boutique yacht adventure - only 22 guests • Princess Louisa Inlet - A World's Most Beautiful Place (Conde Nast) • San Juan, Harmony, and Gulf Islands • Kayak, paddle board, and skiff in Princess Louisa Inlet, Buccaneer Bay, and Jervis Inlet • Search for orcas, eagles, and Dall's porpoise • Leisure time to explore Victoria, British Columbia High Tea at Victoria's Empress Hotel • Visit the Whale Museum in quaint Friday Harbor • Casual beachcombing and guided nature walks • Cruise the Seattle waterfront • Gunkholing in a yachters' paradise
Unleash your inner explorer and settle into the rhythm of the Salish Sea - on both sides of the United States/Canadian border. There'll be plenty of time for discovering the area's wildlife and wonders.
Day 1: Seattle, Washington - Embarkation Transfer to the Safari Quest at Seattle's waterfront, where the crew greets you with champagne and smiles. Set sail and enjoy cocktail hour and dinner before nestling in to a remote anchorage for the evening.
Day 2: Victoria, British Columbia After clearing customs, it's all ashore in downtown Victoria. Take High Tea at the elegant Empress Hotel, then enjoy time on your own to visit the Royal British Columbia Museum or browse the quaint shops nuzzled about this garden city. Back on board the yacht, set sail through the Gulf Islands and settle into the rhythm of the Salish Sea.
Day 3: Harmony Islands Discover nature's wonders today off the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia. Kayaks and skiff rides keep you busy in sheltered Buccaneer Bay-home to visiting sea lions, tide pools, driftwood, and a superb spot for birding. The word "Skookumchuch" means strong water in Chinook, and at Skookumchuck Rapids, one of the largest saltwater rapids on Canada's west coast, trek two miles on an easygoing ramble in the forest.
Day 4: Princess Louisa Inlet After passing through the Malibu Rapids, you'll enter the calm waters of Princess Louisa Inlet, one of the most beautiful locations on earth. Princess Louisa Inlet, only half a mile wide and walled in by 5,000-foot, near-vertical mountains, culminates at the tremendous Chatterbox Falls. Anchor in the inlet for exploration on foot and by kayak. Enjoy the evening solitude relaxing in the upper deck hot tub or join your yachtmates for a nightcap in the salon.
Day 5: Jervis Inlet Set the morning aside for paddling or exploring the inlet by skiff before heading out to the "yachter's paradise" of Jervis Inlet. With binoculars in-hand, keep all eyes open for orca, porpoise, seals, and sea lions along the rocky shoreline as you cruise through the waters of Princess Royal Reach and around Jedediah Island-the most diverse in a chain of more than thirty islands and islets in the area.
Day 6: Captain's Choice > Gulf Islands Situated in the heart of the Salish Sea, today's passage carries you south, back into the protected waters of the Gulf Islands where intricate passages are home to some of the best kayaking in the Pacific Northwest. These islands harbor artist's hamlets, organic farms, and sublime glacier-carved landscapes in a backdrop painted with harbor seals, bald eagles, pelicans, sea lions, and Douglas-fir. Land and sea explorations await-and it'll be a treat-wherever the tides take you.
Day 7: Washington's San Juan Islands > Friday Harbor An early start has you meandering through the San Juan Islands-172 islands and rocky islets make up this archipelago. On the largest of the islands, San Juan Island, you'll clear customs in the tiny town of Friday Harbor before a visit to the intriguing Whale Museum. Learn about the resident pods of orca that call these island waters home before getting underway for a day of "gunkholing," or exploring, as landlubbers would say. The scenery is stunning and the passages are just right. Be on watch for orca and other marine wildlife. Delight in a festive Captain's Farewell Dinner this evening and enjoy a picturesque recap of the week with your expedition leader.
Day 8: Seattle - Disembark After breakfast on board, the Captain and crew bid you a fond farewell. Safe travels to all!
Due to the nature of our explorations, itineraries are guidelines and will change in order to maximize wildlife and natural encounters. Variations in itinerary and the order of days may occur.
Adventure Cruising Focused on experiencing life on the outside - rain or shine - we offer different destinations, a mix of price points (some generously inclusive) and an exciting range of multi-sport activities. Kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding (SUP), hiking, snorkeling, inflatable skiff excursions, and cultural encounters top the agenda. Our experiential cruise vacations are delivered from a variety of platforms, and depending on your choices, will accommodate you from 22 to 84 like-minded guests. We provide the adventure, equipment, opportunities, fun, expert crew, expedition guides, and the vessel. The rest... is up to you.
Safari Quest Unwind into adventure aboard our 22-guest boutique yacht. Four decks offer invigorating spaces to get away from it all and take in up-close views of surrounding wilderness. Recap the day's activities, relax, or watch a movie on the wide screen TV in the comfortable and sophisticated salon. The yacht also features a fully stocked bar and a library with large view windows for reading or discussing marine life with fellow guests.
• All on board meals • Premium spirits, fine wine and micro-brews • Non-alcoholic beverages • Round trip transfers and baggage handling between airport/vessel on embark/disembark days. • Entry fees to national parks/preserves • All from-the-vessel adventure activities and equipment
Pricing (per person) $USD
Departs 2017 Departures
Oct 7, 14, 21, 28
Nov 4, 11, 18 2018 Departures
Apr 7, 14, 21, 28
May 5, 12
Oct 6, 20
Nov 3, 17
Oct 7, 14, 21, 28
Booking conditions • Prices are per person in US Dollars, double/twin occupancy. Ask your travel agent or World Journeys for single, triple cabin prices.
• Please contact World Journeys for the updated US exchange rate.
• Prices are per person in US Dollars, double/twin occupancy. Ask your travel agent or World Journeys for single, triple cabin prices. • Please contact World Journeys for the updated US exchange rate.
Not included • Port taxes, fees
• Gratuities to your vessel cruise
• Airfare to and from your home city
• Optional travel insurance
• Port taxes, fees • Gratuities to your vessel cruise • Airfare to and from your home city • Optional travel insurance
Gratuity • UnCruise recommendations for gratuities is USD25 to USD35 per person per day.
• UnCruise recommendations for gratuities is USD25 to USD35 per person per day.