Coastal Passage Canadian Rockies Highlights with Pre Alaska Cruise ms Eurodam
• Seattle • Inside Passage • Juneau • Glacier Bay Scenic Cruising • Sitka • Ketchikan • Victoria • Seattle • Kamloops • Banff • Lake Louise • Calgary
Travel on the Pacific Coast between Seattle and Vancouver, then explore the Canadian Rockies. Enjoy overnight stays in stunning Lake Louise, Banff and Calgary, plus a scenic Summit Helicopter Tour.
Day 1: Seattle Transfer on your own to the Port of Seattle cruise terminal where you board the ms Eurodam.
Depart Seattle 4:00 pm
Day 2: At Sea Sail past the west coast of Vancouver Island and the Queen Charlotte Islands.
Day 3: Juneau No roads lead to Juneau, which gives the Alaskan capital a misty inscrutability. You need to come by air or water, but when you arrive, the place will delight you with its bounty of water, forests, and mountains. Squeezed between the Gastineau Channel and Coast Mountains, Juneau offers a lot of variety in close proximity. The massive Mendenhall Glacier and the immense Juneau Icefields are at its back door. The vast Tongass National Forest stretches away to the northeast. You can shop downtown or get out and kayak, dogsled, raft, hike, whale watch, flightsee or fish. The adventures are as bountiful as the daylight.
Arrive Juneau: 1:00 pm Depart Juneau: 10:00 pm
Day 4: Glacier Bay Scenic Cruising
If you didn't know any better, you'd think Glacier Bay ostentatious for the way it flaunts its ice. The glaciers practically terminate in your lap. A cruise to Glacier Bay National Park with Holland America Line will show you a UNESCO World Heritage Site that protects a unique ecosystem of plants and animals living in concert with an ever-changing glacial landscape.
When a monumental chunk of ice splits off a glacier and thunders into the sea the impact shoots water hundreds of feet into the air. You hold your breath as you catch the moment on film. Then you wait for it all to happen again. And it does: Glacier Bay has more actively calving tidewater glaciers than anyplace else in the world.
Arrive Glacier Bay 7:00 am Depart Glacier Bay 4:00 pm
Day 5: Sitka The onion domes of St. Michael's Cathedral are your first clue that Sitka was once a key Russian settlement. Indeed, it was capital of Russian America, seat of the bishop of Kamchatka, and the most important port on the West Coast for the first half of the 19th century. Catch a performance by the New Archangel Dancers, be greeted by native Tlingit people, then stand on the spot where the United States took possession of Alaska in 1867. The dramatic setting in the shadow of Mt. Edgecumbe is one of the loveliest in the Great North.
Arrive Sitka 7:00 am Depart Sitka 3:30 pm
Day 6: Ketchikan Ketchikan clutches the shores of the Tongass Narrows, with many shops and houses built right out over the water. The stairways are weathered and the vibe is cheerful in the town that calls itself the Salmon Capital of the World. Besides the main attractions - Creek Street, the Tongass Historical Museum, Totem Bight State Park and Saxman Village - try a flightseeing trip to Misty Fjords National Monument. These deepwater fjords were gouged out by retreating glaciers, leaving granite cliffs towering thousands of feet above the sea and countless waterfalls plunging into placid waters.
Arrive Ketchikan 7:00 am Depart Ketchikan 1:00 pm
Day 7: Victoria Hello, England. Fancy meeting you here! Victoria is a city that started as Salish Village, spent a roustabout adolescence as a main port for gold prospectors and opium traders, and then transformed itself into an icon of British gentility after the completion of the trans-Canada railroad put neighboring Vancouver in the ascendant. Two events were seminal: the opening of Butchart Gardens in 1904 and the completion of the Empress Hotel in 1908.
Arrive 6:00 pm Depart 11:59 pm
Day 8: Seattle > Vancouver (Train)
Arrive Seattle 7:00 am
Upon disembarking from your cruise in Seattle after breakfast, you (and your luggage) will be picked up from the Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91 where you will take in a city tour of Seattle today before enjoying Rocky Mountaineer's Service this evening for the journey to Vancouver.
A leisurely-paced guided city tour will take in many of Seattle's highlights with plenty of time to shop and explore on your own. The tour morning will explore Seattle's waterfront, Chinatown, and Pioneer Square, and you will have 2.5 hours to enjoy lunch (not included) and take in the sights of Pike Place Market. You'll reboard the motorcoach after lunch and head uptown to visit the Space Needle, floating homes and bridges, and the Fisherman's Terminal before arriving at King Street Station to check in for the first leg of your Rocky Mountaineer journey to Vancouver.
After boarding, toast the rail voyage ahead and indulge in a first-class gourmet dinner as you travel past the Chittenden Locks linking Puget Sound to Lakes Union and Washington as you wave goodbye to Seattle. Highlights include the the fishing fleet (and Boeing jets) of Everett, the fields at the foot of the Cascade Mountains near Mount Vernon, sunset views of Bellingham Bay and the San Juan Islands beyond, and, after crossing the Canadian border, the community of White Rock as the train hugs the Pacific Coast and travels into Vancouver. Upon arrival in Vancouver, a motorcoach will transfer you from Pacific Central Station to your nearby downtown hotel.
Dinner will be served onboard the train
Depart Seattle 3:10 pm Arrive Vancouver 8:45 pm
Overnight at: SilverLeaf: Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront GoldLeaf: Fairmont Hotel Vancouver - Fairmont Room GoldLeaf Deluxe: Pan Pacific Vancouver - Deluxe Harbour Room
Day 9: Vancouver Today, select your choice of one of four activity options:
• Enjoy a 6 hour sightseeing tour of Vancouver's North Shore. Travel across the Lions Gate Bridge and into the Coast Mountains. Experience the Capilano Suspension Bridge and Treetops adventure discovering the coastale temperate rainforest and British Columbia's First Nations heritage. Next, visit Grouse Mountain (gondola admission included) the Peak of Vancouver, and take in breathtaking views of the city, ocean and surrounding mountains.
• Enjoy a 5 hour guided cycling tour of Vancouver's highlights and experience the best of Vancouver food, history, ecology and culture while being active. The 23km ride takes in the seawall and rainforest of Stanley Park, English Bay, Granville Island, False Creek, Chinatown, Gastown and Coal Harbour.
• In the Company of a local chef or food writer enjoy this 2.5 hour Made in BC Vancouver Food tour on Granville Island. Tour the market, meet some of the local producers and taste their delicious wares.
• Spend an unforgettable 2 hours cruising along the waters surface, surrounded by BC's unique Coastal Mountains, taking pictures with seals bathing in the sun or cruising through the waves on our natural roller coaster.
Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure to explore Vancouver.
Overnight at: SilverLeaf: Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront GoldLeaf: Fairmont Hotel Vancouver - Fairmont Room GoldLeaf Deluxe: Pan Pacific vancouver - Deluxe Harbour Room
Day 10: Vancouver > Kamloops (Train) Travel onboard the Rocky Mountaineer from the coastal city of Vancouver to Kamloops, in the heart of British Columbia's interior. On today's journey you will see dramatic changes in scenery, from the lush green fields of the Fraser Valley, through forests and winding river canyons surrounded by the peaks of the Coast and Cascade Mountains, to the desert-like environment of the BC Interior. Highlights include the rushing waters of Hell's Gate in the Fraser Canyon and the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River. Your day concludes as the Rocky Mountaineer travels along the shores of Kamloops Lake into Kamloops.
Breakfast and lunch will be served onboard the train
Depart Vancouver: 7:30 am Arrive Kamloops: 5:40 pm
Day 11: Kamloops > Banff (Train) Your journey continues eastwards to the mighty Canadian Rockies and the province of Alberta. Once again you will see a spectacular array of scenery as you travel across ranchlands, along rocky lakeshores, over high mountain passes and through the remarkable tunnels that form part of the rich rail history of the Canadian Rockies. Today's highlights include Craigellachie, where the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway was driven, the climb over Rogers Pass, Kicking Horse Canyon, the Spiral Tunnels and, of course, the glaciers and snow-capped peaks of the Canadian Rockies. Your rail journey ends this evening in the resort town of Banff.
Breakfast and lunch will be served onboard the train
Depart Kamloops 6:25 am Arrive Banff 7:20 pm
Overnight at: SilverLeaf: Banff International Hotel GoldLeaf: Rimrock Resort Hotel -Premium Room GoldLeaf Deluxe: Rimrock Resort Hotel - Grandview Room
Day 12: Banff > Lake Louise (Coach) A half-day tour takes you into Yoho National Park to view some of its natural wonders. Among the attractions are the Spiral Tunnels, Emerald Lake and a natural rock bridge spanning the Kicking Horse River. The tour ends in Lake Louise where the remainder of the afternoon is at your leisure to enjoy this magnificent location.
Overnight at: SilverLeaf: Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise - Fairmont Room GoldLeaf: Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise - Fairmont Lakeview Room GoldLeaf Deluxe: Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise - Deluxe Lakeview Room
Please note: While arrival at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise will be approximately 1:00 p.m., scheduled check-in time is not until 4:00 p.m. In the event that your room is not ready, your luggage will be stored and you are free to enjoy the amenities of the hotel.
Day 13: Lake Louise > Calgary including Summit Helicopter Tour (Coach) Today you will enjoy a full-day tour concluding in Calgary. Begin the morning with a sightseeing tour of Banff. Among the points of interest are Bow Falls, Lake Minnewanka, Surprise Corner and the Hoodoos. Banff Gondola included. Continue on to Kananaskis for the highlight of today's adventure, a 12-minute Summit Helicopter Tour over the remarkable landscape of the Rockies. Your tour ends on arrival in Calgary late this afternoon.
Overnight at: SilverLeaf: Delta Calgary Downtown GoldLeaf: Fairmont Palliser Hotel - Fairmont Room GoldLeaf Deluxe: Fairmont Palliser Hotel - Junior Suite
Day 14: Calgary Your vacation ends upon checkout from your Calgary hotel.
Rocky Mountaineer Train Service
SilverLeaf Service • A single-level dome coach with panoramic views through oversized windows • A refreshing welcome aboard toast • A selection of delicious hot gourmet breakfast and lunch options, as well as tasty snack options, served by a culinary team member at your seat • Complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and gourmet snacks available throughout the journey • A dedicated culinary team member and two onboard Hosts in each SilverLeaf Service coach • Interactive and captivating storytelling and historical trivia told by Rocky Mountaineer Hosts • Complimentary baggage delivery to your overnight hotel accommodation in Whistler, Kamloops, and Quesnel • Complimentary transfers to and from the train during your vacation package
GoldLeaf Service • Fully domed windows that give you unparalleled panoramic views from your seat in the upper-level of our custom-designed bi-level dome coach • A refreshing welcome aboard toast • Hot gourmet breakfasts and lunches from an Ã la carte menu, served in the lower-level dining room of your dome coach • An exclusive outdoor vestibule in the lower-level of your dome coach • Complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and gourmet snacks available throughout the journey • Interactive and captivating storytelling and historical trivia told by Rocky Mountaineer Hosts • A full culinary team and three or four onboard Hosts in each GoldLeaf Service coach • Complimentary baggage delivery to your overnight hotel accommodation in Whistler, Kamloops, and Quesnel • Complimentary transfers to and from the train during your vacation package
GoldLeaf Deluxe Service • Includes all features of our award-winning GoldLeaf Service, plus you'll receive upgraded deluxe hotel accommodation off the train
Please note: • All accommodations in Kamloops and Quesnel, while charming, are of moderate standard and cannot be upgraded. • Please be sure to carry any medication with you as you will not have access to your checked luggage onboard the train
"Your Ship "
"ms Eurodam " Holland America Line's first Signature-class cruise ship, ms Eurodam has delighted guests since her maiden voyage. Now, as part of a $300 million fleet enhancement initiative, Eurodam recently emerged from dry dock showcasing a host of exciting updates, including new lounge, dining and entertainment venues, and completely refreshed suites.
• Independent rail/coach tour with pre/post cruise • Rocky Mountaineer Coastal Classic Railtour, SilverLeaf or GoldLeaf Service • 2 Day Rocky Mountaineer 'First Passage to the West' Railtour, SilverLeaf or GoldLeaf Service • 7 night Alaskan Explorer Cruise (ms Eurodam) (Verandah - GoldLeaf Service)(Ocean-View - SilverLeaf Service) • 9 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 8 dinners • 6 Nights hotel accommodation • Seattle Highlights Tour • Vancouver Lookout • Choice of One of the following tours - North Shore with Capilano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain, A Cycling tour of Vancouver's highlights, Granville Island Culinary walking tour, Sea Safari to Howe Sound • Yoho National Park Tour Banff to Lake Louise • Lake Louise to Calgary Tour including Banff Gondola • Summit Helicopter Flightseeing • Calgary Tower • Rail station transfers in Seattle, Vancouver, Kamloops and Banff • Luggage handling • National Park Pass
Pricing (per person) $CAD
Departs 2017 Departure Dates
Seattle to Calgary - Pre-Tour Cruise
May 13, 27
Jun 10, 24
Jul 1, 8, 15, 22
Aug 19, 26
Sep 2, 9
2017 Departure Dates
Seattle to Calgary - Pre-Tour Cruise
May 13, 27
Booking conditions • Prices are per person in Canadian Dollars (CAD), and include the CAD GST
• Ask your travel agent or World Journeys for triple or child prices
• Please contact World Journeys for the updated CAD exchange rate
• Meal plan includes all breakfast and dinners
• Please note all accommodation in Kamloops is of a moderate standard
• Guests heights are required to arrange appropriately sized bicycles for the Vancouver cycling tour
• Guests dietary and allergy restrictions are required for the Granville Island food tour
• Prices are per person in Canadian Dollars (CAD), and include the CAD GST • Ask your travel agent or World Journeys for triple or child prices • Please contact World Journeys for the updated CAD exchange rate • Meal plan includes all breakfast and dinners • Please note all accommodation in Kamloops is of a moderate standard • Guests heights are required to arrange appropriately sized bicycles for the Vancouver cycling tour • Guests dietary and allergy restrictions are required for the Granville Island food tour
Not included • Transportation from/to Seattle Airport
• Transportation to/from Calgary Airport
• Meals, other than specified
• Activities, other than specified
• On board ship gratuities charged at USD$12.00 per person per day, plus 15% on liquor purchases
• Gratuities for rail, hotel and transfer staff
• Mandatory Port Fees
• Fuel surcharges
• Transportation from/to Seattle Airport • Transportation to/from Calgary Airport • Meals, other than specified • Activities, other than specified • On board ship gratuities charged at USD$12.00 per person per day, plus 15% on liquor purchases • Gratuities for rail, hotel and transfer staff • Mandatory Port Fees • Fuel surcharges
Book by July 28 and receive one nights hotel accommodation!
Book by July 28 and receive one nights hotel accommodation on select packages of 5 days or more in 2017. Free Seattle, Vancouver, Victoria, or Calgary accommodation matches the accommodation grade of the package booked. Free Vancouver, Victoria or Calgary accommodation can only be added to a Rocky Mountaineer package starting or ending in Vancouver or Calgary. Free Seattle accommodation can only be added to a Rocky Mountaineer package including Coastal Passage starting or ending in Seattle. Offers are not available in conjunction with any other offer, have no cash value and are non-transferable. Offers are capacity controlled and may be modified, withdrawn, or amended without prior notice. Additional conditions apply. Please enquire for more details!